Are you passionate about farmers’ markets?
Come and join us!
The Haney Farmers Market is hiring!
We are currently hiring for the Assistant Market Manager position for the Haney Farmers Market in downtown Maple Ridge. This is a permanent part time position with a weekly commitment from 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturdays. It includes time for preparation on Fridays and runs until November 30, 2016 with a renewal for thirty two market weeks of 2017.
- Is creative, enthusiastic and organized
- Has a positive attitude and enjoys working with and motivating a team
- Can think on her/his feet and make decisions on-the-fly
- Is self-directed and is open to direction from the Executive Director and Market Manager
- Has some experience planning, promoting and/or implementing special events
- Enjoys working outdoors regardless of the weather conditions
- Can lift and carry 50+ lbs with ease
- Has knowledge of electricity, ability to make repairs to tents and infrastructure
- Has a current BC Drivers License and experience maneuvering a trailer
- Interest in promoting local agriculture and local food security
- Knowledge of the Maple Ridge area
- Detailed job description available upon request.
Job sharing will be considered.
Thank you to all who apply. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Haney Farmers Market, Saturday mornings, May 7 to October 8, 2016: 9 am to 2 pm in Memorial Peace Park on 224th in downtown Maple Ridge. Autumn Markets, mid October to mid November, undercover at Grow & Gather, 24565 Dewdney Trunk Road Lots of parking
Haney Farmers Market
11925 Haney Place
Maple Ridge, BC, V2X 6G2
604-467-7433 Ext 2
Click here to go to Port Coquitlam Farmers Market